Sunday, January 13, 2013

Know Me Better (1)


This weekly meme is hosted by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Each week she will pick 5 questions to answer and you can share your answers to these questions as well.  You can share them as a comment on this post or share them on your own blog and link up to this post.


This Week's Questions:
Where is your favorite spot to read?
Are you a fast or slow reader? (you can test your reading speed here)
Fanfition - Love it or Hate it? Have your ever read/written it?
Summer or Winter?
Truth or Dare?

Where is your favorite spot to read?
Mostly in bed. Sometimes I just read while walking around inside the house (for the purpose of burning the calories down. :D)

Are you a fast or slow reader?
The Reading Test said this:

"You read 314 words per minute. That makes you 26% faster than the national average."

Well, I must say, I always consider myself as a slow reader. 
As for the test, it's in English, not my first language. And most of the time, since I don't really understand per word, I just read it a bit fast, trying to grab the meaning of the sentence(s). That's how my sister taught me. Don't try very hard to understand every word. Just try to understand the idea, and then move on to the next sentence(s) or paragraph. But, it'll be totally different if I read in Indonesian. I usually savor every word. But then again, it all depends on what I read. All I can tell is that averagely, I read historical romance novels in 2-4 days, and Harlequin in 1-2 days. You get the picture. :D

Fanfiction - Love it or Hate it? Have your ever read/written it?
I read a couple of Harry Potter Fanfictions months ago but haven't read any since.  There were some that I love (I only read about Draco and Hermione), I even saved it on my computer and re-read it few times. But recently I don't. Just like Kathy said, there are too many new books to read. And no, I have never written it.

Summer or Winter?
Well, there is no summer or winter in Indonesia, more like dry and rainy. There are only two seasons. Dry season is more like summer I guess. And I prefer rainy, but not so hard because there'll be flood almost everywhere.

Truth or Dare?

Definitely Truth.

So, what about you? I'd like to know. You can share your answers as a comment on this post or share them on your own blog and link up to this post. :)


6 comments:

  1. I really should do the test but it's weird I'm afraid of my result! LOL I do prefer truth too, I don't like to be embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for reading and blogging in English, not your first language. Bravo!

    Anne@ My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Anne. That's definitely boosting my confidence. :D

      Delete
  3. Between summer and winter. My choice would be winter.

    But the choice between dry and rainy is harder. I lived in Portland, Oregon, for a few months, and that started in the dry season and ended in the rainy. I liked both the same. I don't think I could pick one over the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think that you're totally right. It's raining hard for days in Jakarta. Families and friends are suffered from traffic and floods everywhere. So it'll be hard to choose. :)

      Delete